Not sure how to maintain your fitness now you're stuck at home? Read on!
1. Use your waiting time. Waiting for the ATO to answer your call about whether or not your eligible for the COVID - 19 Jobkeeper payment? (I may have done this this morning.) Do your pelvic floor exercises. Kettle boiling? Go outside in the sun, lie down, and stick your legs up to give 'em a good stretch.
2. Write down the day & time you plan to exercise. Treat it like any other appointment. It is just as important to your health as your GP (and way more cost effective.) When you write something down, you own it. And you’re far more likely to action it.
3. Know that movement can be done anywhere, anytime. Stop waiting until ‘next Monday.’ You can start today. In fact, you can start right now. Stand up, bend forward at the hips and reach downwards for a good leg stretch.
4. Multitask. If you’re a woman, you can already do this. Think; A few squats while hanging out the washing, lunging while playing with the kids or walking up and down the stairs while on the phone.
5. Join a (virtual) fitness class. This will provide a great motivational boost to lead to those positive results you want. Having an appointment will add a layer of accountability most of us need. Click here to find out more about my virtual Stretch & Meditate classes: https://www.facebook.com/events/261681981672800/
Learn How to Use a Bench Seat to Boost Your Fitness. Watch this video now!
These small actions might not seem like much, and you might be thinking ‘will these even help? ` The fact is, all movement matters! If you want to feel a bit stronger, move a bit easier and live a bit healthier, putting small chunks of movement into your day is the best way to make it happen.
Like this blog? Please share it!
hi! I'm sally.
I love cheese and I think burpees suck. I provide women with a positive health & fitness experience unlike any other. Stick around! You might just find something you like.